Alrighty! Here is the video of my mini-aquaponics kitchen garden (below). This post is a follow up of an earlier article, where I introduced the kitchen garden project I’ve been working on. I ended up making more adjustments to the project and re-recording a few times before I was satisfied enough to put it online. I’m including an updated diagram to give you a clear picture of how the tubing and joints and everything work together.
I’m learning a ton of interesting things through the process, to be honest I’ve never done anything quite like this before; so, it’s kind of an exciting adventure for me.
I wouldn’t say I’m done by any stretch, I’ll probably be making more additions and adjustments as time goes by, it’s a work in progress. 😛
Some of the adjustments I’ve made so far include adding a funnel to inside of the bottom planter and adding another t-joint to split the airflow; that way I can use my air-stone on the same pump.
I have also included a valve to balance the air pressure so I could get a consistent flow to both tubes connecting to the t-joint. When I first installed the extra stuff my air pressure was lacking badly, you might have to mess around with it to get a decent flow going.
I’ll add more updates as the system matures and progresses. I can use the video and blogging to keep track of this little experiment. 🙂 I would like to apologize for the poor video quality, I took this video on my phone and it’s been through the ringer… O.o Ha! Sorry, couldn’t help myself. 😛